Your life is exactly what you make it to be by your mental attitude.
Category : Growth
I want to discuss with you the importance of a pleasing personality. Your personality determines whether people are attracted to you or shy away from you. It’s the show window in which you display your characters to the world and it’s the one thing which distinguishes you from all other human beings. It’s your trade mark by which people recognize you. And it’s the thing which determines your successes or failure in selling yourself through life.
Therefore you should see your personality just as others see it So that you may improve it if it needs improvement. Your personality consists of more than 30 different factors, traits and characteristics but I will mention the most important ones. But before I begin to describe these traits, I want you to know that every trait which goes in your personality is under your control and you can improve it so that you can be whatever you want to be.
Let us start with the most important trait of your personality, and that’s your mental attitude: this is the trait with which you attract people to you and cause them to like you or repel and cause to dislike you. Your mental attitude must be positive if it attracts people to you.
How do other people know if your mental attitude is positive or negative you may ask; well, the answer is easy. First of all other people can tune in and pick up your mental attitude by telepathy without you saying a word or making a move. There is also other ways they can tell your mental attitude if it’s positive or negative. You disclose this information by the tone of your voice, whether it’s pleasant or harsh, by the expression on your face whether it’s soft and pleasing or harsh and scaring, by the curtsy and the consideration you show other people. So you see? There is no escape from revealing to others the exact nature of your personality.
The next most important trait of your personality consists of flexibility of your mental attitude or your luck of it. If you have flexibility, you adjust yourself to all circumstance in relation with others without losing your composure or allowing yourself to become irritable or angry. Just remember if you have flexibility of your mental attitude, it will be impossible for anyone to make you angry or to irritate you without your consent or co-operation. You cannot control the action of other people which might justify you in becoming irritated by them but you can control your reaction to all such circumstances by exercising your flexibility.
And you will observe all people in the high brackets of success have this flexibility and they do control their reaction to the influence of other people.
The third most important pleasing personality is the ability to control and direct your emotion of enthusiasm. Enthusiasm is one of the means by which you can give force to your words, but you must be able to turn it on and off at will as definitely as you can turn on and off water at speed.
Uncontrolled enthusiasm often makes people bore some. It can also open wide the window to one’s mind through which other people may enter and influence one in ways he does not wish to be influenced.
The fourth most important trait of the pleasing personality is to be sincere to your purpose. The person who is not sincere in all relationships with others is soon detected and rejected. Because no one is attracted to a person who deceive others. Sincerity is one quality of character which cannot be successfully faked not even by the most efficient actor. Because insincerity ever most carries with it some warning signs which other people recognize. You only go back to your own experience with insincere people to prove the truth I have stated.
Now let’s turn our attention to some of the common habits which destroy a pleasing personality. Please check yourself as I describe these negative habits, and you may make a discovery about your self sufficient to enable you rebuild your entire personality so that you may become a master sells man on your behalf.
1) One of the most destructive habits which make ones personality unpleasant is that of breaking in and running away from conversations when others are speaking.
2) Sarcasm expressed by insinuations and wisecracks which are not so wise, is near the list of habits which give one a negative personality.
3) Vanity expressed by either words or action is sure to make one unpopular.
4) Indifference in listening while others are speaking is sure to be noticed and resented. Its more profitable to be a good listener than it is to be a good talker because one is always up to learn something while listening to others but never learns anything from hearing himself talk.
5) The attempt to flutter where flutter is obviously not deserved will bring quick resentment from others. Also it will put them on notice if they are wise that the fluttering person needs something he perhaps should not get.
6) The habit of finding fault with the world at large and people in general is never a popular habit and it is of no power to a pleasing personality. Its far better to direct conversation to the circumstances and things that are right than to complain of those that one believes to be wrong.
7) One of the worst habits which destroy a pleasing personality is that of directly challenging those with whom one may not agree when there is no obvious reason for doing so except the desire to be on the opposite side.
8) The habit of volunteering unsolicited advice to others who have not requested it can make one boring.
If you wish to make yourself welcome in your relation with others, manage to talk about things which interest and concern those to whom you are speaking. You will never be bore some to a person to whom you are speaking of himself and the things that interests him. A truth which master sells men understands and respect. Remember this please, if you are not liked by other people you maybe sure there is a reason which you can detect and correct it’s unnatural for one person to dislike another without a cause. Before you can make yourself successful, you will just need to make your personality pleasing. And this will require courage on your part and honesty with yourself.